As well as picking up their pets’ excrement, dog owners in Sicily will now have to wash away their urine under a regional law approved by the Sicilian Assembly (ARS).
The measure is contained in a bill covering “norms to safeguard animals and the prevention of stray dogs“.
In addition to removing their dog’s excrement from the street or parks, in Sicily, the owners of four-legged animals will also be required to clean their pee with water.
|to pick up||[tə pɪk ʌp]||raccogliere|
|dog owner||[dɒɡ ˈəʊnə]||proprietario del cane|
|regional law||[ˈriːdʒənl̩ lɔː]||legge regionale|
|to approve||[tu əˈpruːv]||approvare|
|to contain||[tə kənˈteɪn]||contenere|
|bill||[bɪl]||disegno di legge|
|to safeguard||[tə ˈseɪfɡɑːd]||salvaguardare|
|stray dog||[streɪ dɒɡ]||cane randagio|
|to require||[tə rɪˈkwaɪə]||richiedere|
Decide if the statements are true or false or not in the text.
- Dog owners protested against the new law in Sicily.
- The law concerns only certain regions in Sicily.
- The new law also contains regulations about dogs in the street that have no owners.
- The law regulates both the cleaning of excrement and urine.
- There are different regulations in the law for streets and parks.
key: 1. not in the text, 2. false, 3. true, 4. true, 5. not in the text