Dopo aver visto il video, completate le frasi in base a ciò che avete sentito. Per aiutarvi, vi abbiamo indicato la prima lettera iniziale delle parole.
– We all know the icon of Elvis but what always 1. f____me about the intricacies of the human being, and he was the American 2. d____.
That’s an amazing thing, but that’s also problematic when it comes to 3. e____his life. As Elvis said, it’s very hard to live up to an 4. i____. And Austin went on an 5. e____ three-year journey to discover the human being.
– ’Some people wanted to put man in jail ’cause the way I was 6. m____.’
– I started with just being a sponge, reading every book that I could get my 7. h____on, watching everything and every image that I possibly could find, treating it like a 8. d____, and then also working with a number of different vocal coaches on singing and working on that because the 9. v____is so important with him.
– It’s just been an 10. i____ joy to see Austin create such a dynamic portrayal of Elvis.
– I have to say, you could not take your eyes off of Austin Butler, no matter what the scene was. Whether he’s up on stage, 11. p____, singing, full-on, full-tilt. The close-to-the-vest dedication was 12. i____right off the bat.
– You want to do them 13. j____, and you want to honor them and their life. He was such an extraordinary human being, larger than life itself. It has been that thing of ’how do you climb Mount Everest’? Just one 14. s____at a time.
source: Baz Luhrmann’s ELVIS, “Becoming Elvis”, Warner Bros. Pictures, Youtube
1.fascinates; 2. dream; 3. exploring; 4. image; 5. extraordinary; 6.moving; 7. hands; 8. detective; 9. voice; 10. incredible; 11. performing; 12. impressive; 13. justice; 14. step
|when it comes to||quando si tratta di|
|to live up to||essere all’altezza|
|vocal coaches||allenatori vocali|
|to take your eyes off||per distogliere lo sguardo|
|no matter||non importa|
|full-on, full-tilt||pieno, pieno e pieno|
|close-to-the-vest dedication||dedizione totale|
|off the bat||fuori dal coro|