Saturated fat: 3.5g
Suitable for freezing: no
- 320g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 4-6 tablespoons vanilla custard
- 36-48 seedless red grapes, halved
- 6-8 tablespoons apricot glaze or sieved apricot jam
- Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Set the oven to 220°C or Gas Mark 7. Unroll the puff pastry and trim away the edges. Cut the pastry in half lengthways, then cut widthways to give either 8 or 12 rectangles, or have a mixture of sizes.
2. Use the tip of a knife to score a rectangle just in from the edge of the pastry, taking care not to cut all the way through, and make cuts around the edges of the rectangles and spread them out on a baking tray.
3. Spoon a little custard into the centre of each and spread it out within the scored rectangle, using about 1 teaspoon custard on smaller size rectangles and 2 teaspoons on larger ones.
4. Arrange halved grapes on top. Heat the apricot glaze or jam with 1 tablespoon water until it’s runny and brush a layer over the grapes and the top of the pastry.
5. Bake the pastries in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is risen and golden. Remove them from the oven and brush over another coating of warm apricot glaze or jam.
6. Transfer the pastries to a wire rack and leave them to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature, with a little icing sugar dusted over the top.
|custard||crema pasticcera, budino|
|puff pastry||pasta sfoglia|
|to trim away||tagliare via|
|lengthways||per la lunghezza, per lungo|
|icing sugar||zucchero a velo|