saturated fat: 1.5g
suitable for freezing: NO
- 500g self-raising flour
- 1tsp sea salt
- 250g carrots, grated
- 1tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
- 75g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- 8-9tbsp milk
- Heat the oven to 190C or Gas Mark 5. Put the flour into a large bowl, add the sea salt, carrots, rosemary and parmesan.
- Put egg and milk into a jug and lightly beat together with a fork.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix together to form a ball. Tip out the dough and any flour left in the bowl. Knead for 2 mins until it forms a smooth ball.
- Put the bread on a greased baking tray and cut a large cross in the top. Bake for 50 mins. Tap the base – if it sounds hollow, the bread is ready. It’s best served warm soon after baking.