Coconut & Lemon Curd Drizzle Cake
for the lemon curd:
– 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
– 60g unsalted butter
– ¼ ltr runny honey
– finely grated zest of 1 lemon
– juice of 2 lemons
for the filling and topping:
– 500g tub Greek yogurt
– 1 tbsp coconut chips
for the cake:
– 5 large egg whites
– 175g unsalted butter
– 215 g golden caster sugar
– 160 ml can coconut cream
– 275g self-raising flour
– 1 large egg
– 2x15cm sandwich tins, base lined
1. To make the lemon curd, put a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Put the eggs, butter, honey, lemon zest and juice in the bowl. Whisk continuously for 15 mins, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon. Cool.
2. Rest a sieve over a bowl. Spoon in the Greek yogurt and chill for a couple of hours to release excess moisture.
3. Use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites until softly peaking. Set aside.
4. Heat oven to 160 °C or Gas Mark 3. Mix together the butter and sugar, until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the coconut cream, flour, and the whole egg. Alternatively, fold in the flour and egg whites until just combined.
5. Spoon mixture into tins. Bake for 30 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre of cakes comes out clean. Cool on rack. Spread half the strained yogurt on to the sponge base and spoon over 5 tbsp lemon curd. Sandwich together with the other cake. Spoon 3-4 tbsp of the lemon curd into a plastic piping bag, snip off the end and pipe in fine lines to drizzle over the top of the cake. Scatter over coconut chips.
VUOI PROVARE IL VERO LEMON CURD BRITANNICO? ORIDNALO: QUI
|runny honey||miele liquido|
|lemon zest||scorza di limone|
|piping bag||tasca da pasticciere|
|to snip off||tagliare|