Saturated fat: 14g
Suitable for freezing: no
- 30g butter
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 250ml white wine
- 1/2x200ml carton crème fraiche
- 250g green grapes
- Heat the butter and oil in a shallow pan and add the chicken leg, skin-side down. Cook for about 5 minutes over a medium heat to brown the skin, then turn them over and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove them from the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until it softens but doesn’t brown. Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the white wine. Cover the pan and simmer the chicken for 25-30 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the flesh is pierced. Remove the chicken from the pan and boil the juices rapidly to reduce them by about half.
- Add the crème fraiche, grapes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, then return the chicken to the pan and serve.
Tip from our kitchen: try to use seedless grapes, but if you can’t, make sure the seeds are removed.
|shallow pan||padella piatta|
|skin-side down||con la pelle verso il basso|
|over a medium heat||a fuoco medio|
|to simmer||cuocere a fuoco lento|